A couple questions on the rules

Home Forums On-Road & Off-Road Vehicles & Racing A couple questions on the rules

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Thomas44 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

BRS
    Participant

I wasn’t 100% sure on the rules in regards to the following areas.

1) Any max C rating on the LiPo battery for spec SLASH like with the Vaterra class?

2) Can you add weight to the car in spec SLASH and/or the Vaterra class?

3) Are any brand of replacement ball bearings okay to use in spec SLASH and/or the Vaterra class?

Best regards,
    Brian

• This topic was modified 5 months ago by  BRS.

Randex

1. No max C rating in slash.
    2. NO weights in either class. As both classes state, all parts must be stock. Weights are an aftermarket add on, and they are ILLEGAL. It also states, unless specifically stated, you may not do it.
    3. Once again, must be stock parts. That’s what keeps these classes spec. As soon as we allow aftermarket bearings in, someone is going to put in ceramic bearings.

I need to tech inspect harder at next race because I want everyone to be 100% familiar with spec class racing. Our intent is to make things perfectly equal across the board, and as soon as you allow one thing in, that opens the flood gates for all sorts of add ons that destroy the class.

BRS
    Participant

I agree with you 100% on the intent of spec class racing.

Just so I am 100% sure. So putty (weight) on the wheels to balance them is not allowed? Can you run a 2s 7.4v shorty size pack in spec SLASH?

You may want to add “no added weight, label must be on the battery and stock bearings only” to the rules for the spec classes. I know of a few guys who are adding weight, not sure if anyone is using aftermarket bearings.

Thank you for the information.

Best regards,
    Brian

Thomas44
    Participant

Hey while we talking rules…we can use any SCT body in Slash Spec correct? As long as it has the fenders and no Swiss cheese holes…blah blah….

Thomas44
    Participant

I ordered the Toyota Tundra Body, just wanted to make sure it was legal. Guess we will see. Smh

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.